- Some leaders are not effective
- Why employees do not want to listen to them?
- To be effective leaders, we should have Personal Leadership Qualities
- Leaders must themselves exhibit the work habits, attitudes and priorities they expect of their subordinates if their leadership is to be the most effective
- Exhibiting confidence in an increasingly uncertain situation is the second most frequently noted personal leadership quality
- What exactly the Personal Leadership Qualities :
- Leading by example not by words
- Facing change and uncertainty with full confidence
- Being motivated by strongly held principles and beliefs
- Knowing one’s own strengths and weakness
- Being committed to continuous learning
What are the major barriers to Leadership Development?
- Inadequate succession planning
- Inadequate leadership training
- Lack of commitment to leadership development
- Failure to delegate by senior management
Each of these barriers to leadership development is rooted in an organization’s culture – and the conflict with the leader’s role in the last two decades has brought about the influence on how organization adopt its style of management (Wyatt, 1997) that will finally have a significant impact toward the practice of public relations in an organization (White and Mazur, 2001).